Life is full of challenges that stress us to the core. The pressure to deliver at work and at home can weigh you down leaving you stressed and in some extreme cases depressed. It is, therefore, advised for individuals to find activities that help them relax and that is where outdoor activities such as camping come in.
By spending time outdoors in nature, you are able to take a break from your normal routine and this will definitely help you blow off some steam. You, however, will not be able to enjoy your stay outdoors without proper preparation and if you are wondering what supplies do I need for camping, then you are in the right place to receive that information.
The items that you should take with you to your camping trip depend on things such as the weather conditions and the number of people in your entourage but in this article we will highlight some of the vital items you will need to make your stay outdoors enjoyable.
What Supplies do I need for Camping?
When preparing your camping checklist and you are wondering what supplies do I need for camping, the first thing that you should consider is how comfortable do you want to be when you are out there. If you want a glammed up experience, then you will have to pack quite a bit of supplies for the ultimate camping experience.
If that’s not the case, then the normal camping accessories will do and we will explain in detail what some of these items are. This camping checklist is divided into sections so as make it easy for you to identify the materials that you should get for your next camping trip. Let’s now review some of the items in detail.
The first thing that you should sort out if you plan on spending some time outdoors is your accommodations needs and this means getting a tent. The type of tent that you choose depends on the nature of your outdoor activities in that, if you plan on moving about quite a bit, then you should get a tent that is easy to carry around.
If you plan on staying in one place, then you can get a slightly heavier tent that is luxurious and offers better protection from the elements. Here is your comprehensive tent checklist.
- Type of tent – You should get a tent that is strong enough to protect you from the elements. It should also be large enough to accommodate you and the other people you are sharing the tent with
- Tent accessories – You should get the necessary accessories that are needed for the proper management of the tent. This includes a tent carpet, a tent footprint, and a tent porch
- Spare tent pegs – A peg can get damage and as such, you should have spare ones just in case this happens
- Mallet – For fixing tent pegs firmly into the ground
You also need to sort your sleeping arrangement if you want to enjoy your stay outdoors. A failure to do could leave you fatigued and sore as a result of lying on uncomfortable surfaces and this could interfere with your plans the next day. In this regard, here are some of the items that you might need to ensure you sleep comfortably.
- Sleeping bag – ideal for mobile campers who prefer lightweight sleeping materials
- Sleeping mat/airbed – If you are looking for extra insulation and comfort when sleeping, then you should definitely get an airbed
- Camp bed – If you prefer sleeping on a raised surface rather than on the ground, then you should get a camp bed. A camp bed is not the most portable of structures and as such, you should only consider them if you plan on staying in a single spot for a period of time
- A pillow – For added comfort when sleeping
- Earplugs – To block external noises
There are other things that you must consider bringing with you to camp if you want to make your stay memorable. They include:
- Camp furniture – They include tables and camping chairs that you set up on your campsite. These furniture provide you with a great hangout area where you and your campmates can relax after a long day in the woods
- A toilet – If you have kids, then you can get a portable toilet that the kids can use when it gets dark
- Torch – You need a torch to find your way in the dark
- A rope – Ropes have plenty of uses in a campsite. You can use them to tie things up or as a washing line
You also need to plan what you will eat when you are camping and these are some of the things that you need to get to make sure you don’t starve to death when you are outdoors. Water supplies are very important when camping since you will use it for many activities like cooking, washing, etc. For cooking choose one of the best backpacking stoves for easy and simple camping meals.
- A stove – For preparing your meals
- A water container – For carrying clean water for your out of site activities
- Tableware – You will need items such as such as cups and plates to feed from
- Cooking utensils – Such as pans for preparing the meals
- A Basin – For cleaning the dishes when they are done
- Matches/lighter – For putting up fires at camp
Anything can happen when you are out there and you need the necessary supplies to make sure that you are safe. These includes:
- A first aid kit
- Your personal medication, if you are taking any
- Sunscreen – To protect you from the harmful rays of the sun
- Anti-bacterial hand wash – To keep your hands clean at all times
- A pocket knife
- Insect repellent – To keep bugs and other insects at bay
Before embarking on a camping trip, you need to ask yourself, what supplies do I need for camping? This will help you figure out the items that you will need to make your stay outdoors as comfortable as possible. Read this article in detail to understand the items that you should get for your next camping trip.